Aint' they gorgeous?? Golden Brown Skin and Golden Yellow Flesh, such a delightful color combi! I fell in love with it! tender, moist and soft the dairy cream made up for the absence of butter, its seriously heavenly!
Quoted by Rose Levy:
"The result is a perfectly even and exceptionally moist and tender cake".
Whipped Cream Cake
(adapted from Rose Levy Beranbaum Rose's Heavenly Cakes)
225g cake flour
2 tsps baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
348g heavy cream or uht dairy whip cream with at least 35% - 40% fat content
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
225g superfine sugar (reduced to 175g)
- Grease and flour a 10-cup fluted pan or bundt pan. Preheat oven to 175C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cake flour, baking powder and salt and then sift them together to make the mixture easier to incorporate.
- In another bowl, whip the cream, starting on low speed, gradually raising the speed to medium-high as it thickens, until stiff peaks form when the beater is raised.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and vanilla just until lightly combined.
- On medium-high speed, gradually beat the egg mixture into the whipped cream. The mixture will thicken into mayonnaise consistency (unless high-butterfat cream is used).
- Gradually beat in the sugar, it should take about 30s to incorporate it.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the cream mixture, and with a large spatula , stir and fold the flour until most of it disappear, continue with remaining flour mixture.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-35mins, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the centre.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10mins before unmolding and cool completely on a wired rack before serving.