Thursday, August 12, 2010

Glazed Orange Yogurt Cake

After a long weekend of packing my office stuff because my company is relocating i finally got the time to mess around in my kitchen again... i never tried baking with yogurt even though there are dozen of yogurt recipes all around so i decided to make a cake with yogurt today =D simple and nice




Glazed Orange Yogurt Cake
(adapted from No-Frills Recipes)



Ingredients

280g plain flour
180g caster sugar (i reduced to 160g)
120ml vegetable oil
250ml low fat plain yogurt
2 eggs
3 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp freshly squeeze orange juice
rind of 2 orange
1 tsp vanilla essence

Orange Glaze

1/4 cup freshly squeeze orange juice
4 tbsp caster sugar

Method

  1. Sift together plain flour and baking powder, set aside
  2. Cream the eggs and sugar till pale,mixture should be thick and fluffy
  3. Mix in orange juice,orange rind and vanilla essence till combined
  4. Mix in yogurt and oil till combined
  5. Fold in sifted flour mixture till just combined 
  6. Pour batter into prepared cake tins or paper cups and baked in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 45mins (my paper cups took 30mins)
  7. Use a skewer to prick holes all over the cake and brush the glaze all over the hot cake, repeat till all the glaze is used up
  8. Cool and serve

9 comments:

Hearty Bakes said...

Jess, i love any bakes with orange. Thanks for sharing!
Love the shine from the glaze.

WendyinKK said...

Yogurt makes bakes soft and fluffy.
I love using yogurt, especially for muffins, as I usually detest the dense, crumbly texture of the baking powder laden muffins.

Cheah said...

These cupcakes look moist and yummy and thanks for following my blog!

j3ss kitch3n said...

thanks jessie & wendy


Hi Cheah the credits goes to you for these cupcakes i adapted the recipe from your lemon yogurt cake =)

Pei-Lin said...

I think I'll packing stuff away at office too, soon. LOL! Your cakes look so moist! I always love the tang that orange rind imparts! Plus, you can always find oranges in my pantry.

Bakericious said...

Oh I hate the packing for moving house or office. Although my current office nvr move the location b4 (which this is the 1st time how I wish will be moving nearer to my estate so wont be from East to West :P) but the office space has expanded a few times so we ve to do the packing and moving, hate that!

The cake looks soft and yummy!

j3ss kitch3n said...

lol thanks Pei-lin & jess guess all of us hate packing thing prior to relocating although this is the 3rd time i'm shifting and its always from west to west this time is no exception i'm shifting to a road opposite my current office and from expanding initially we had shrank instead now how i hate the feeling but car trade in sg is always liddat though in the 7yrs i've been in this trade i'm considered lucky cause my company is still ard after all these years sigh just hope that the car trade will pick up again

Weng @ I heart My Bakes said...

Thanks for sharing jess !! =)i will e making this soon for my friends birthday! =)

j3ss kitch3n said...

welcome weng =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...