Light Soya Milk Cheesecake
(modified from Japanese Light Cheesecake from
The Ultimate Indulgence Cheesecake By Chef Alan Kok)
400g soya milk (i used Nutrisoy no sugar added soya milk)
250g cream cheese
60g cake flour (sifted)
5 egg yolks
20g orange/lemon juice
zest of 1 orange/lemon
5 egg whites
100g caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a 8" round cake tin with grease proof paper.
- Double-boil soya milk and cream cheese until dissolved, add in cake flour stir and cook until the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and leave to cool. Add in B and stir well.
- Whisk C at high speed until soft peak is formed. Slowly mix in mixture from step 2.
- Strain the cheese mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Steam bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20mins. Reduce the heat to 140 degrees and bake for another 1 hour and 45mins or until cooked.
- Leave cake to cool in the oven with door ajar for 1 hour. Chill in the fridge for 4 hours. Remove cake from tin, slice and serve.