This is a familiar picture that most of us had seen/baked/tasted, fellow bloggers who had baked this gave such wonderful praises that made me crawled out from my bed and baked this last night.... and i must say it's definitely worthwhile.
Am submitting to Aspiring Bakers #7 Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by DG of Tasted & Tested.
Do join in the fun as well by clicking the link above.
P.S. to all my fellow bloggers and readers, i may not be as active as before and i sincerely give my thanks to all of you who had been asking and wondering where did i mia to, i'm still here and reading through all your blog posts just to let you know =)
Black Bottom Banana Bars
(adapted and modified from Taste of Home)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/ cup sugar - reduced to 1/2 cup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in the bananas. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide batter in half. Add cocoa to half; spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spoon remaining batter on top and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes or until the a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool a wire rack. Yield: 2-1/2 to 3 dozen.