Friday, October 7, 2011

Good Old Days - I'm Back

It's been a long break, longer then i expected, but nevertheless I'm back, breathing a little easier now.
I'm suppose to be back earlier but as i was busy going for interviews on the search of a new job thus the delay.
The good news is i finally clinch my new job yesterday after a torturous 3 hours interviewed by 3 different departments HOD, I'm quite excited about this job though, I'll be doing things i never done before in my entire work life, my current job is my first job, I've been in my current company for 8 years, something that was quite shocking to the interviewers hahaha... Anyway bless me in my new job will you ;)).

To celebrate my new job, I baked this cake, to remind me of the good old days and the huge step I'm taking right now especially at this time of the year (Alan, Cathy and lots of my friend are real happy that i finally decided to move on haha).



Just look at that lovely golden hue, makes your day brighter too don't they? a bite into a slice will make my day brighter that's for sure. Moist and crumbly take 1 will you and make a cup of coffee or tea to go with it.


 Traditional Butter Cake
(adapted and modified from I Love Butter Cake by Kevin Chai)

Ingredients
250g butter, softened
100g margarine
250g sugar (reduced to 200g)
5 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder

Method
  1. Sift together plain flour and baking powder, set aside. Line and grease a 7" baking pan.
  2. Cream butter, margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
  3. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time until well mixed.
  4. Fold in vanilla essence and mix well, fold in flour until well combined.
  5. Pour batter into pan and bake in a preheated oven of 180C for 30-40mins or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...