A week went by without me noticing it this is how it goes for hectic singaporean lifes non-stop work.. hmm am i exusing myself for not updating my blog? hehe hope not though...
Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake is well-loved everywhere the rave of every food blogger and i am no exception i love the taste the texture more then i like those dense creamy type of cheesecake.
I made these a couple of days ago with a slight modification on my own..
|Pandan & Orange Cheesecake|
Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake
(recipe adapted from Diana Desserts)
140g fine granulated sugar (i used caster sugar)
6 egg whites
6 egg yolks
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
250g cream cheese
100ml freshly squeeze orange juice/pandan juice
1 tbsp milk
60g cake flour/superfine flour
1/4 tsp salt (i omitted this)
- Melt cream cheese,butter,and milk over a double boiler. Cool the mixture
- Fold in the flour,cornflour,egg yolks,orange juice/pandan juice and mix well
- Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in sugar and whisk until soft peaks form
- Add the cheese mixture to the egg white mixture and mix well. Pour into cake pan or whichever you prefer. (lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of the pan with greaseproof baking paper or parchment paper)
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1hrs 10mins or until set and golden brown at 160 degrees C.