(using Wendy's Oil-ess Pandan Chiffon Cake Recipe)
This is my 2nd attempt on Wendy's recipe the first time i flopped totally the sides of the cake sunk in argghhh but today success i can't figure out what went wrong the 1st time but anyway the 2nd attempt was beautiful thanks wendy for this recipe =)
Pandan Chiffon Cake
(adapted from Kevin Chai Chiffon Cake is Done with some modifications)
Egg Yolk Batter
4 egg yolks
2 tbsp concentrated pandan juice
70g coconut milk
2 tbsp cooking oil
40g castor sugar
80g plain flour
Egg White Foam
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
50g caster sugar
- To make egg yolk batter,combine egg yolks, pandan juice, coconut milk, cooking oil and caster sugar in a mixing bowl. Fold in flour until combined.
- To make egg white foam, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until mixture forms soft peaks. Gradually add in sugar,beating at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg white foam into egg yolk batter until blended.
- Pour batter into a ungreased 7-inch tube pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 30-40mins or until cooked.
- Remove from oven, invert cake until completely cool.Remove from tube pan slice and serve.
Sweet Potato Fatt Koh
My first attempt in making a big fatt koh like this and in my opinion it is not smiling happily the ones i made previously were in small aluminum cups and they all smiled happily hmmm time to do some research online.. the orange sugar is a plus original recipe calls for brown sugar but i prefer orange sugar as it is more fragrant.. the end product is soft and fluffy not like the ones we bought from outside hard and floury =)
Sweet Potato Fatt Koh
(adapted from Joy of Cooking's Local Kueh with some modifications)
50g sifted plain flour
1 tsp dry yeast
200g sifted plain flour
2 tsp double action baking powder
200g orange sweet potato, peeled,cut into small pieces,steamed & mashed
120g coconut milk
140g orange sugar
- Starter: Mix all starter ingredients and set aside for 30mins to proof.
- Batter: Sift plain flour together with double-action baking powder. Put sweet potato,coconut milk, water, orange sugar and egg in a mixing bowl and mix well. Fold in flour mixture and starter by hand till well blended.
- Pour batter into aluminum cups or metal cups till 90% full and set aside for 15mins to proof. Put cups in steamer and steam over high heat for 15mins. Big cups require 30-40mins.