As you can see chocolate is rarely used in all my bakes lol because i'm not a really big fan of chocolate but this recipe contains bananas my favorite and the unique combination of cocoa and banana really perks my interest in baking it.The original recipe title was Chocolate Banana Muffin but because i was lazy to scoop the batter into individual cups i baked it in a loaf pan instead and the result was just as beautiful.
The taste was excellent chocolaty with the hint of banana, soft and moist taste almost like a light mud cake you should try it!
Chocolate Banana Cake
300g plain flour
220g caster sugar
4 eggs (original recipe calls for 5 eggs)
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
50g cocoa powder
200ml fresh milk
- Mash the bananas together with salt, set aside.
- Cream the caster sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, 1 at a time, beating throughly after each addition.
- Add in milk and mix until just blended.
- Fold in plain flour and baking powder until combined.
- Fold in cocoa powder until combined.
- Lastly fold in the mashed bananas until combined and pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 170 degrees for 1hr10mins or until cooked.
- Cool completely before serving.
Note: can be baked in paper cups or as per your desire however the baking time will differs.