I love these tiny morsels soft and chewy tasting almost like a mochi and the best thing is its cheesy! I can't resist them and whenever i pass by Petit Provence in Holland V i always head straight to buy them. So can you imagine my pleasure and shock when i found this recipe while surfing the net a couple of days ago i immediately printed it out and pasted the recipe onto my little notebook and the ingredients and steps are very very easy ok i shall stop gushing and let you guys have a look at the rest of the pictures and the recipe as follows!
From what i read these tiny morsels are a must have in Brazil sigh when will i get the chance to go Brazil?
Pao De Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread)
(adapted with some modifications from Le Petit Brioche)
2 cups tapioca flour/starch
1 cup milk
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
200g Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Mix flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan heat milk and oil until boiling, add the hot mixture to the tapioca flour and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Add cheese and eggs, mix until thoroughly combine. Dough should be very sticky.
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper and scoop the mixture using a tablespoon coated with oil onto the parchment paper until mixture is used up.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20mins.
- Best eaten when warm enjoy!