Happy 27 to me!! hehe sorry guys for the following pictures because they are freshly out from the oven and i'm in a hurry to snap them!! Chocolate and orange always goes so well together don't they? These cuppies are no exception! Chocolaty with the hint of orange into them, so soft and moist i fell in love with them the moment i sink my teeth them 1 word DELICIOUS! I'm sharing these with my friends after dinner tonight and i'm suppose to bring candles along such friends i have don't i? but still i love them haha!! More pictures and the recipe for you my dear readers! sorry my frosting are so ugly!
Vegan Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
(adapted from Baking Bites with slight modifications)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp orange paste
1 tbsp orange zest
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together orange juice, oil, orange paste and orange zest. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until just combined with no streaks of flour remaining.
- Pour batter into paper cups evenly and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celcius for 15-20mins or passed the skewer test.
- Cool cupcakes on rack before frosting. Any frosting you like and enjoy!