Fell asleep after work today, woke up at 5pm in the afternoon and groggily baked these cupcakes with eyes half close lol delicious cheesecakes they are but i much prefer the blueberry jam on the top smell and taste so nice! This mark my last post of the week my parents are back from their holidays tomorrow and starting monday its double work for me again morning office night hawker i won't be baking as often as i would like and to my readers i leave you with these sweet little cuppies to brighten your weekends. Enjoy!
Blueberry Cheese Cupcakes
(adapted from The Ultimate Indulgences Cheesecake by Alan Kok with slight modifications)
3 pieces digestive biscuits, crushed into crumbs
50g chopped almond, toasted
Cream Cheese Mixture
250g cream cheese
3 egg yolks
20g plain flour
3 egg whites
30g caster sugar
3 tbsp blueberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- BASE: Put biscuit crumbs and chopped almond into 9 paper cups with 4" diameter.
- CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE: Beat cream cheese and egg yolks until smooth. Add in milk, plain flour and stir well.
- Whisk egg whites with caster sugar in a clean mixing bowl until soft peak forms.
- Mix whisked egg whites into cream cheese mixture in 3 batches.
- Spoon mixture into paper cups.
- Place a small bowl of water onto a baking tray with the cupcakes. Bake in the preheated oven for 25mins or until cooked. Turn off heat. Leave cupcakes to cool in oven with door ajar for 1hr then remove. Top with blueberry jam.
- Chill in fridge for a couple of hours before serving.