Another bake from the book of Keiko Ishida! So soft and fluffy it literally melts in your mouth and i also adapted Jessie of Hearty Bakes Hokkaido Chiffon as i never baked chiffon in paper cups before and i must say they turn out pretty well. The cream goes really well with the cake oh how i love green tea and the color green haha. Now lets enjoy the pictures of green!
Green Tea Chiffon In Paper Cups With Green Tea Cream
(adapted from Okashi by Keiko Ishida with slight modifications)
70g cake flour
10g green tea powder
5 egg yolks
20g castor sugar
70g fresh milk
60g vegetable oil
5 egg whites
90g castor sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Green Tea Cream
250g whipping cream
7g green tea powder
1 1/2 tbsp castor sugar
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius.
- Sift flour and green tea powder twice. Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Add milk and oil and blend together. Add flour and green tea powder mixture and mix until batter becomes sticky. Set aside.
- Make meringue. Mix the eggs whites and cream of tartar together until foamy. Add half of the sugar and continue beating for a few mins, then add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add 1/3 of meringue into egg yolk mixture and fold in lightly, then add remaining meringue and fold to incorporate completely.
- Divide batter into paper cups and bake for 20mins or until golden brown. When cake is done remove from oven set aside to cool.
- Make green tea cream. Combine ingredients in a clean bowl then pipe the cream using a nozzle into the cooled cakes.
- Chill at least 30mins in the fridge before serving. Enjoy!