Should i say i just gotten the hang of taking photos? I placed a table at my balcony, open up all my balcony windows panes and grills early this morning before i went to work and finally i got some really decent photos with my newly bought toys from Daiso Imm : the plates, table mat and the oh so cute forks haha. Well at least they look pretty bright to me better then all my previous pictures that i took in the night under my house lightning they looks so dull!
Anyway enough digressing, this Lemon Banana Yogurt Cake is already beckoning to me early this morning for me to eat them up, top with grape jam these cakes are divinely yummy! but i think they will even taste better warm so if you do try this warm them up first before devouring them! unlike me i gobble them up without warming them haha!
The zesty smell of lemon, fragrance of banana and yogurt makes this cake hard to resist but i still find the texture kinda of dense for my likening maybe perhaps i used oil instead of butter but then its still yummy don't worry too much!
Lemon Banana Yogurt Cake
(adapted from She Eats Bears with slight modifications)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
4 small ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup yogurt
Zest if 1 lemon
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 3/4 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease cake pan. (i used a loaf pan)
- Mix oil and sugar, incorporate mashed bananas, egg, yogurt, lemon zest and lastly lemon juice until well-combined.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix together with batter from step 2 until well-combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35-45mins or until passed skewer test.
- Cool in pan before removing.