Yawn!!!!! in order to take decent photos i woke up at 6am in the morning to prepare the batter and then cook it followed by pictures then with a lingering glance i went off to work, leaving these pretty things behind for S for his breakfast lucky him poor me ahaha! Actually wanted to make the batter a day before but Wendy told me this will deflate the whites so i'm an early riser today! *typing with drooping eye lids* lolol
Mine isn't as pretty as Wendy or DG, mine look very crumpled after cooking but its still very soft and delicious! Distinctive taste of strawberries and the oozing mozzarella cheese combined into 1 very very soft sponge cake,drizzled with maple syrup adds that extra oomph! and not to mention eaten with fresh strawberries as well!
Hearty breakfast for me i must say but its yum yum. I'm submitting this to The Spongecake Giveaway hosted by Wendy of Table for 2 or more. All are welcome to join closing date is 2nd of Dec. Please hope over via the link i had provided for more details.
4 eggs, separated
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp plain flour, sifted
4 fresh strawberries, pureed
olive oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, flour and strawberry puree until well blended.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolks batter until well combined.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, once the oil has heat up, reduce heat to low.
- Scoop the batter into the frying pan, cover with the lid until the center of the spongecake looks done, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top then fold the spongcake into half and cook for another 1-2mins then serve.