After cracking my head over what to bake for The Aspiring Bakers #2 hosted by Jane of Passionate About Baking, the Christmas Giveaway hosted by Swee San of The Sweet Spot (swee san says it qualifies so i don't have to crack my head again =p). and i chanced upon this recipe while flipping through all my recipes books! hohoho, this cake definitely lives up to its acclaimed name, its really super moist and soft! What is Christmas without chocolates? Chocolates of all sorts sprang up during festive seasons it is the 1 thing that would not and can't be missing during festive seasons! Although I'm really not much of a chocolate person, i would gladly bake this again! yummy yummy! My Ganache went out on me somehow..instead of runny it became gooey!! sorry for the ugly cake guys but then it's the taste that matters right and not the looks LOL~~
As usual i'm rushing the photos as i'm late for work so forgive me for the bad photos =[
I hereby wishes all my friends and readers a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy!
I'm submitting this to The Aspiring Bakers #2 (Dec 2010), all are welcome to join, for more details please click here.
This is also my entry for the Christmas Giveaway hosted by Swee San of The Sweet Spot please do hope over to the link i had provided for more details!
Supermoist Chocolate Cake 柔软巧克力蛋糕
(adapted with slight modifications from Biscuit Code by Florence Tan)
80g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
275g butter, room temperature (i used 250g)
350g sugar (reduced to 300g)
4 large eggs
2 egg yolks (omitted)
1 tsp instant espresso powder
2 tsp hot water (mix with espresso powder)
2 tsp chocolate emulco
300g bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
6 tbsp whipping cream
5 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter and flour a 26cm bundt pan.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, yolks, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add in chocolate emulco, espresso mixture and beat again. Add in sifted dry ingredients A and water alternately until finished.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake in preheated oven for 40-50mins and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack before unmolding.
- Chocolate Ganache: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and melt over low heat. Cool slightly before pouring over the cake and let the glaze set.