Gula Melaka Chiffon
(adapted from Kevin Chai Chiffon Cake is Done)
Egg Yolk Batter
150g gula melaka
100ml coconut milk
6 egg yolks
4 tbsp cooking oil
140g plain flour
Egg White Foam
6 egg whites
50g castor sugar
- To make egg yolk batter: melt the gula melaka and coconut milk over low heat. Set aside to cool.
- Combine with egg yolks and cooking oil. Fold in flour until well combined.
- To make egg white foam: beat egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form on high speed.
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites into egg yolk batter until blended.
- Pour batter into 21cm tube pan. Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 30-40 mins or until cooked.
- Remove from oven, invert cake on baking tray until completely cool.