The pictures and layout are ugly right? sigh! Rushing photos taking before i go off to work is always a big mistake! But at least the taste did not disappoint me! Very smooth and creamy with the distinctive taste and fragrance of green tea!
Marbled Green Tea Cheese Bar
(adapted and modified from 孟老师的下午茶)
80g digestive biscuits, crushed, mix with 30g melted butter
500g cream cheese, room temperature
16g gelatin powder
20g green tea powder
- Press biscuit mixture onto a square pan lined with either aluminum foil or cling wrap. Level the biscuit mixture with the back of a spoon. Place pan into the refrigerator for at least 30mins.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and milk and double-boil the mixture over a pot of simmering water, whisking constantly until cream cheese and sugar are melted completely.
- Add in gelatin powder into the cream cheese mixture, whisking constantly until gelatin powder dissolves, remove from heat.
- Pour 3/4 of the cream cheese mixture over the prepared pan, add in the green tea powder in the remaining 1/4 of cream cheese mixture and whisk until combined.
- Pour the green tea mixture into the pan again and twirl the mixture with a satay stick to create the marbled effect.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature, after cooling, cover with cling wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the refrigerator overnight before serving.