These crisps are full of honey flavour, very crunchy but you got to spread it real thin and watch over the oven as they tend to get burnt easily due to the honey!
I'm submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #3 My Favorite CNY Cookie! details can be found here.
(adapted & modified from 孟老师的100道手工饼干)
(makes 12 pieces)
30g golden castor sugar
30g unsalted butter
30g orange juice
30g plain flour
30g nestum (original recipe calls for wheat germ)
- Melt honey, sugar and butter in a saucepan until butter and sugar dissolves completely, turn of the heat and stir in orange juice.
- Fold in flour and nestum into the honey mixture until well combined.
- Scoop the batter using a teaspoon and spread into a circle shape thinly on a cookie sheet line with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 170°C for around 15mins.
- Check on the oven during baking as not to let the crisp get burnt. Cool before storing in an airtight container.
I'm the last one to post this! I meet Cathy and Hanushi last weekend at J8, these 2 ladies are really sweet and fun loving! We exchange cookies and gifts! here are the pictures! i did not take my own bakes so if you want to have a look at what i had given them please hope over to their blogs in the links i had provided.
|Peanut Butter Cookies from Cathy|
|Gifts from Hanushi|
We had a very enjoyable time together! i can't wait for our next meet up! Cheers Ladies!