I first saw this recipe on Edith of Precious Moments and its was well raved by the others, then i saw it on DG of Tested and Tasted and then i saw it again on Bee of Honey Bee Sweets with raves from them as well, i decided to put my hands to it, then came the most irritating thing, i couldn't get sour cream i almost gave up doing it, then i decided to use Greek Yogurt as the substitute for sour cream, the results? see it for yourself!
Just look at the gorgeous golden brown color of the crust... could you even resist eating this?
Just look at the texture of the inside.... woah its soft beyond words, just look at the crumbs.... its really super delicious, divine taste... now i'm not sure what is the magical ingredient for making this so soft.. those who had tried this says it the sour cream but because i'm not using sour cream i couldn't comment on that hmmm so could it be the ground almonds? highly possible me thinks =D
P.S i quadruple the recipe and baked into the night and finally ending at 2am.... so i guess you must be thinking i'm seriously crazy right haha!
(adapted and modified from pReCiouS MoMentS)
(makes 2 loaves)
6 medium bananas, mashed or puree
250g unsalted butter, room temperature
175g castor sugar
100g ground almonds
4 eggs, lightly beaten
350g plain flour
1 tsp salt (omitted)
2 tsps baking soda
2 tsps baking powder
266g sour cream (substituted with greek yogurt)
- Grease and line 2 loaf tins. Preheat oven to 170C.
- Sift together flour,salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in ground almonds, followed by eggs in 3 batches.
- Fold in the flour mixture until well combined.
- Fold in sour cream and lastly mashed bananas until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf tins and bake in preheated oven for 20-30mins or until the skewer test comes clean.
- Cool on wire rack completely before unmolding, cut and serve.