I love bananas i never get tired of baking them regardless of whether its chiffon,muffins or cupcakes i love them all I'm constantly looking out for new banana recipes to try them out and each different recipe that i found never fail to disappoint me =). So here's another of my recent bake on bananas its very easy no electric mixer needed all you need is a spatula or wooden spoon to mix and voila a soft moist banana cake is born.
Easy Stir n' Bake Banana Cake
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 200g banana flesh (mashed)
- Grease and line a 10cm x 20cm (4 x 8 inches) loaf pan. Preheat oven to 170C
- Combine flour, baking powder and soda in a mixing bowl
- Combine eggs, sugar and oil. Stir into flour mixture together with mashed banana until well blended
- Spoon mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake in oven for 30-40 mins. Turn on to wire rack to cool
Note: its better to grease and line the loaf pan to prevent over browning at the sides and bottom of the cake and because i'm lazy to line i got myself an over browned cake which i had to trim off the bottom and sides as my family complained its bitter only the inside of the cake is soft and sweet.